Tour de France 2010: The current overall standings – After yesterday’s win by Pierrick Fédrigo at the finish in Pau, favourite Alberto Contador could still defend his yellow jersey at the Tour de France 2010 despite the successful attack of a breakaway group.
Declared as the so-called „Group Armstrong“, the former tour winner seemed highly motivated to disprove the constant bad press about its performance as well as the continuing doping allegations.
And indeed, the eight outliers could leave the peloton almost seven minutes behind, which enabled Armstrong to reduce the gap to Contador to +33:46 min.
Today, the 17th Stage of the Tour de France in 2010 runs from Pau to Col du Tourmalet and will challenge the riders on a length of 174 km.
If you want to read more about topics like Tour de France 2010: The current overall standings, we would like to welcome you to our Newsfeed.
The current overall standings of the Tour de France 2010:
1. Contador, Alberto Spanien AST 78:29:10
2. Schleck, Andy Luxemburg SAX +0:08
3. Sánchez, Samuel Spanien EUS +2:00
4. Menchov, Denis Russland RAB +2:13
5. Van Den Broeck, Juergen Belgien OLO +3:39
6. Gesink, Robert Niederlande RAB +5:01
7. Leipheimer, Levi USA RSH +5:25
8. Rodriguez Oliver, Joaquin Spanien KAT +5:45
9. Vinokourov, Alexandre Kasachstan AST +7:12
10. Hesjedal, Ryder Kanada GRM +7:51
25. Armstrong, Lance USA RSH +33:46